304 Dody Lane, P.O. Box 353
Quechee, VT 05059
Cathy Newton, Principal
OQS QuickFacts & Frequently Asked Questions
- School Hours
- 7:45 a.m. - Early Drop-Off
- 8:00 a.m. - Students go to Classrooms
- 8:20 a.m. - Instruction begins
- 2:45 p.m. - Dismissal
- Opened: 1994
- Motto: “Learning together for everyone's future”
- Mission statement: At the Ottauquechee School, we believe that in order to lead productive and satisfying lives, our students must develop a full complement of lifelong skills: social, emotional, physical and academic. As a community of learners, we build our sense of belonging and social responsibility by supporting a safe and healthy school climate, advocating learning for all students and adults.” We value and emphasize academic and social skills. We are proud of our school’s safe and respectful school climate and the expected use of appropriate social skills by everyone. Within this context, as a learning community, we have adopted common instructional goals and specific strategies to improve student learning, our priority.
- Mascot: Wolf
- Grade levels: Pre-Kindergarten through grade 5
- Student population: About 240
- Grade Levels: Morning & Afternoon Pre-Kindergarten, Full day Kindergarten, and Grades 1-5.
- Number of classrooms: 13
- Physical education: Each student takes P.E. twice per week
- Music: Each student has a general music class once a week. Students in grade 5 are encouraged to learn a band instrument.
- Art: Each student has art class weekly.
- Library: Each class has a library period each week and students can return and check out books other times as well. 4th and 5th graders are invited to participate in the DCF program & lunch group.
- Counseling: In addition to all-class lessons, there are SEG groups, Banana Splits and 1:1 counseling.
- Ski/Snowboard program: Meets Friday afternoons in the winter.
- Student council: Comprised of 3rd-5th grades to promote school spirit, service leadership, and to serve as a voice for the student body.
- Girls on the Run
- Garden Club
- Wolves on the Prowl Outing Club